Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) govern your (“the User” and/or “Customer) use of the Dive Connection (”the Provider”) website located at the domain name www.diveconnection.co.za (“the Website”). By accessing and using the Website, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out in this legal notice. The User may not access, display, use, download, and/or otherwise copy or distribute content obtained on the website for marketing and other purposes without the consent of the Provider. The User agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions as we set out by the third party as booked by Dive Connection on your behalf.
- If you do not arrive for a day that you booked or arrive more than 30 minutes late, there will be a R500 surcharge towards completion of your course per day missed.
- You have a maximum duration of 3 months to finish your course. If a period of longer than 3 months has lapsed since your last dive, and you have not finished your course in this time, we will require you pay and book to do a refresher course before continuing with your training course.
- If you arrive late (30 minutes or more) for diving training sessions or recreational dives booked, we shall proceed with the training and or recreational dives without you and you will have to forfeit the dives and payment towards those dives. Training dives can be made up at an additional penalty charge of R300 per hour.
- Please ensure that your permit is with you at the dive site at all times.
- It remains the responsibility of the diver to decide if he/she is comfortable with diving conditions or not. Please feel free not to participate in a dive if you feel uncomfortable, ill or otherwise, however this would be your choice and you may not be refunded for the cancelled dive(s). Only dive in conditions with which you are familiar with and have been trained for.
- If you are sick on the day, please do not dive, for your own safety. Please do inform the instructor(s) of your illness and cancelled dive for the day.
Payment and Deposits:
- A deposit will be required for securing your booking. Bookings are not secured until we have acknowledged your booking and have receipted your payment of the deposit.
- The balance of the price is payable at least 14 (seven) days prior to commencement of your training or trip away.
- For training dives if you cancel your booking with 48 hours’ notice, your deposit will be forfeited, regardless of the reason you cancel.
- Payment may be made via Visa or Master Card credit cards, Payfast or by bank transfer into the Dive Connection bank account, the details of which will be provided on request. Further payment options can be arranged upon request and will be solely at the discretion of Dive Connection.
- Credit Card Acquiring and Security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for Dive Connection by PayFast. PayFast uses SSL3 and credit card information is stored per Visa and Mastercard guidelines on the website. Users may go to www.payfast.co.za to view the security certificate and security policy.
- Merchant Outlet Country and Transaction Currency
the merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is ZAR (South African Rand).
Dive Connection takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer services and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Depending on stock availability at the time of your order, delivery may take between 1 – 7 days within South Africa, normal courier shipping delays to be taken into consideration for international purchases.
Business addresses are recommended for delivery purposes, Dive Connection does not deliver to post boxes or multiple addresses per order.
If a product is in stock and is not a special order item, we will dispatch your order within 1-7 working days provided there are no problems with authorising your payment and you place your order before 12h00.
If a product is not in stock in our warehouse, or is a special order item, then we are unable to confirm an expected delivery time or date and this will be provided only after the transaction as been successfully processed and paid for.
These terms and conditions applies to Economy shipping rates only. Expedited shipping requests will be charged normal rates.
Special order or handling fees may still apply.
Please note that you may be subject to additional taxes and duties imposed by your customs.
All orders are subject to our order verification, failure to provide the correct information may cause a considerably delay in the processing and shipping of your order.
Please note that when shipping it can take up to 6-8 weeks to be delivered and/or track a lost package.
Please note that certain shipments may require additional transit time for customs clearance. Service to some remote areas may require additional delivery days.
The offering on this website is available to South African and other countries; however, international courier fees will apply and will be for your account.
If an international shipment is refused and/or returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees, brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be for the account and responsibility of the customer.
Refunds and Returns:
- Items purchased from Dive Connection (with the exception of special order items) may be cancelled, exchanged or returned provided these items are returned unused, in original packaging and in excellent condition within the stipulated time period. Second-hand items purchased should be returned in the same condition as they were purchased.
You are entitled to cancel without reason and without penalty, any transaction of goods purchased from Dive Connection within seven (7) working days after the date of the receipt of the goods.
- Refunds for any returned Free Shipping item will be deducted by the amount of the free shipping incentive from the original order.
- Refunds will be processed in South African Rand and in the same format as payment was received (i.e. credit card payments will be refunded back into the credit card etc. We do not take any responsibility for currency fluctuations that might occur, which can affect the amount you get back once converted back into another currency. Depending on the exchange rate at the time, what you get back in your own currency might be more or less than initially paid by you.
- Credit card payments will be refunded to the card used to make the purchase and purchases made by direct transfer will be refunded to the account of origin. Refunds will be made within thirty (10) days of the date of receipt of cancellation. Costs and arrangement for returning cancelled goods are for the customer’s account (unless goods have not been dispatched and/or we have delivered an item to you in error or an item that is damaged).
- Cancelling, combining, or changing your address may affect the shipping costs.
- No refunds will be given to divers not able to dive due to ear problems, sea sickness, or reasons of their own on the day.
- If dives are cancelled by Dive Connection (due to weather or another reason), you will be refunded in full for those dives cancelled.
- Payment shall become due upon placement of the order except in the case of mail order. Payment for orders placed by fax or mail shall be included with the printed order form. No goods shall be supplied without payment.
Goods shall be delivered by a carrier of The Provider’s choosing. Carriage will be at cost to the Customer and forms part of the invoice. We aim to dispatch goods within 5 working days. Please wait 10 days to report any outstanding orders to The Provider.
Returns & Claims
Claims arising from damage delay or partial loss of the goods in transit must be made in writing to The Provider within seven working days of delivery. The Provider shall be afforded reasonable opportunity to investigate any claim made hereunder, and the Customer shall, if so requested in writing or verbally by The Provider promptly return any of the goods subject of any claim and any packing materials securely packaged and return them to The Provider for examination.
If the Customer establishes that any of the goods have not been delivered, or have been delivered damaged, or are not of the correct quantity, The Provider shall at its option, replace them with similar goods, or allow the Customer credit for their invoice value.
If the Customer establishes that any of the goods are defective The Provider shall, at its option replace them with similar goods or allow the Customer credit for their invoice value.
In no circumstances shall the liability of The Provider to the Customer under this condition exceed the invoice value of the goods.
Goods that are faulty or do not fit must be returned to Dive Connection, 1 Northridge Avenue, Sunnyridge, Germiston, 1401 Gauteng, South Africa within 7 days of receipt of goods. The cost of returning the goods will be paid for by the Customer. Dive Connection reserve the right to refuse a refund or exchange on undamaged goods that have been used prior to being returned.
The Provider reserve the right to alter specifications to those stated in the catalogue including slight differences in colour, shade and size.
The Customer’s statutory rights will not be affected.
By registering with the site, Dive Connection may use your e-mail address to send you news, updates, etc. however will not pass your details to any third party.
Dive Connection shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users.
Customer Details Separate from Card Details
Customer details will be stored by Dive Connection separately from card details, which are entered by the customer on the PayFast secure site. For more detail on PayFast, refer to www.payfast.co.za
User acknowledges that Dive Connection and all its customers will adhere to the terms and conditions specified by resorts and or dive centres in any country they are participating in. All terms and conditions of each resort may vary, please ensure that you familiarise yourself with those terms and conditions by visiting the respective website of the resort before departure.
Country of Domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Dive Connection chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 1 Northridge Avenue, Sunnyridge, Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa 1401
Dive Connection may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
Dive Connection cc T/A Dive Connection contact details:
Telephonic Support: +27 82 4442233 | Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Northridge Avenue, Sunnyridge, Germiston, Gauteng South Africa 1401
Booked Courses T&Cs Undertaking by Dive Connection Users/Customers/Clients
- If open-ended dates have been selected for this course, the course dates must be booked within 6 months from date of invoice. Refunds are not due on open ended dates after 28 days from date of invoice.
- If the weather or any other circumstance beyond the control of Dive Connection causes the course to be delayed, changed or cancelled, Dive Connection can accept no liability for consequential loss, damage or expense incurred.
- Candidates using equipment loaned to them by Dive Connection and/or its instructors are financially liable for the cost of a new replacement item(s) if mentioned items are not returned in the same condition as they were borrowed or if they are lost.
- Candidates using their own diving equipment must inform the course instructor who will decide if it is suitable.
- Dive Connection or its employees cannot be held responsible for damage to equipment or injury caused by your negligence or otherwise.
- I understand reasonable time will be allocated to my training, however, if additional training is required to reach my certification level I understand that I will be financially liable for this additional instruction.
- I understand that my course is performance based and that if I do not reach a standard considered acceptable to my instructors I will fail my course and will still be liable for the full course fee. If I wish to repeat the course I will have to pay the course fee unless otherwise agreed.
- I understand that if I cancel/postpone my course for any reason (including due to illness) I may lose my course fee and will be liable to cover costs of rescheduled training.
- I understand that if not enough participants are found for my course, the dates may be changed.
- I understand that Dive Connection will not be held responsible for any of my personal belongings during the period of my course and it is recommended that jewellery be taken off during diving to avoid injury and loss during practical training or other.