Book now and pay only R8999 per person! The NAUI Dive master rating is the highest NAUI leadership level certification with the exception of instructor. The program is designed to train experienced and knowledgeable divers to organize and conduct enjoyable open water dives for certified divers.
An active-status NAUI Dive master is qualified to organize and conduct dives for certified divers if the diving activities and locale approximate those in which the Dive master is trained. Additional training, knowledge or experience is necessary for the Dive master who desires to organize highly specialized activities, such as wreck penetration, cavern, ice, or other technical dives or enter a new locale.
An active-status NAUI Dive master is qualified to organize and conduct NAUI recognition programs (such as International Diver) and award appropriate recognition materials to participants. An active status NAUI Dive master is qualified to organize and conduct Refresher Scuba training for certified divers. An active-status NAUI Dive master is qualified to assist an active-status NAUI Instructor in diving courses.
An active-status NAUI Dive master who completes a NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN Instructor orientation, who has completed all required NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN orientation modules and is using the NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN training and support materials, may teach the NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN courses.
If all other prerequisites are met, a current NAUI Dive master is qualified to enter a NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC).
Minimum age is 18 years by the water phase of the course. You require to have the following qualifications :
- Current registration as a NAUI FIT Program graduate
- Current certification in NAUI First Aid for Dive Professionals or equivalent
- Current certification in NAUI Oxygen Provider or equivalent
- A minimum of 60 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 30 hours bottom time
- Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
Candidates shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment, also medical approval is required, Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional 12 months. In no event will medical approval be accepted wherein the physician signing the certificate is the student.
(Estimated Hours) Academics = 20 hours & Practical = 10 hours.
In addition, students may expect to spend time outside of class hours researching dive sites, organizing notes and generally preparing for dive briefings and activities.
- The minimum number of open water Dive master activities is 10
- Upon completion of all certification requirements, each leadership graduate must complete a NAUI membership application, which the instructor will process in accordance with current procedures
- Applicants will be registered as leadership members in the appropriate category and status and be sent new member information
Included in the courses price - Text books & Course materials - Excluded - Air fills, open water entries, NAUI registration and trips away